Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Times are difficult for a lot of folks especially once they realize a handyman might not of been too handy when it came to fixing an issue with the heating ducts under the crawlspace of their home.
We received a call about a heavy mold smell inside the home. SERVPRO of Kershaw and Lancaster Counties sent their highly qualified technicians to find the source of the mold smell. Upon inspection of the crawlspace it was quickly determined that the heating ducts had been detached. This caused too much moisture under the home, which became a mold issue. SERVPRO of Kershaw and Lancaster Counties provided a mold remediation to resolve the mold issue, and once the mold had been identified, we were able to provide the required mold remediation.
SERVPRO of Kershaw and Lancaster Counties is your resource #24/7/365 803-475-7500
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (803) 475-7500
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Southern Lancaster, Kershaw, and Fairfield Counties for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Southern Lancaster, Kershaw, and Fairfield Counties has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Heath Springs
- Winnsboro Mills