Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Kershaw and Lancaster Counties received an unusual call from a frantic homeowner who had just entered the premises of their rental which had just been vacated.
Her query was whether or not SERVPRO of Kershaw and Lancaster Counties would clean a house that had been utilized as a barn for the past several months, and does SERVPRO of Kershaw and Lancaster Counties remove animal feces.
The answer to both questions is “yes”. SERVPRO of Kershaw and Lancaster Counties is qualified, and capable in the removal of bio hazardous materials, and the cleaning up after hazardous materials have been removed.
SERVPRO of Kershaw of Lancaster Counties did a final walk through with the owner after all the cleanup was completed. The homeowners were in absolute awe as they walked around the house as the transformation from a barn to home was complete.
Call SERVPRO of Kershaw and Lancaster Counties with any questions, or ask how we can help meet your needs.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (803) 475-7500
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Kershaw and Lancaster Counties has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Heath Springs
- Indian Land