“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
These days to just hear the word mold is enough to make one listen to see how it might affect them. It seems all too often calls come in regarding either the smell, or what appears to be a presence of mold. Yes it sounds scary, and it looks scary, and by all means it smells yucky. Mold can cause health issues without one even realizing that it is the mold causing the problem.
At SERVPRO of Kershaw and Lancaster Counties our certified technicians are ready to help resolve your mold issues once it is determined it is indeed mold, and what was the cause of the mold in the first place. We use an anti-microbial to clean up the mold. Our goal is to get you back to the comfort of home 'Like it never even happened".
SERVPRO of Kershaw and Lancaster Counties is your resource #24/7/365 803-475-7500
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (803) 475-7500
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (803) 475-7500
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Kershaw and Lancaster Counties is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2070 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: